Hayes Design Group Architects
Hayes Design Group Architects is a full service architectural firm offering a wide range of services across many project types. We design spaces for learning, working, and worshipping, as well as develop places of civic service, participation, and engagement. Established in 1992, HDG is focused on developing successful relationships with clients who want quality architecture and exceptional service.
Hayes Design Group Architects is committed to serving the client. We serve our clients by keeping the best interests of their organization at the forefront of our thinking. We do this by practicing a trait all too rare today – Listening. We work to meet the needs of the client, as defined by the client. We go the extra mile to solve problems and protect our client’s interests. We appreciate and are responsive to the clients’ need to get the most “bang” for every dollar spent. Through regular, ongoing communications and aggressive schedule and budget management, we have a strong record of delivering projects to our clients that are on-time and on-budget.
The general approach of our firm is to create buildings which are well designed, functional, practical, and meet the needs of both the client and the end user. Each project is unique in any number of ways, and deserves more than a cookbook approach. Our design solutions come from considering and researching a variety of options, resulting in the creation of places that are aesthetically pleasing, technologically current, and reflective of their culture and setting. No matter the design intent for a particular project, we strive to maintain that design’s integrity from early concepts through completed construction.
What we promise to do, we do. We believe that design excellence is achieved through an interactive process with the client, from preliminary design through project completion. We are creative problem solvers who bring no preconceptions to a project, maintaining high standards of excellence in the services we render.
Adaptive Reuse and Preservation
Building Information Modeling
Project Budgets & Scheduling
Cost Analysis / Value Engineering
Graphic Design and Building Signage
Universal/Sensory Room Design
Recent Awards & Recognition
- BUILD Magazine awarded the Peters Township High School project designed by HDG as the Best Education Architecture Project (Pennsylvania): Peters Township High School in the 2020 BUILD Architecture Awards.
- HDG received the 2019 Community Partner Award from the Autism Connection of Pennsylvania for excellence in collaboration with the autism community for design of Presley’s Place, a sensory-friendly suite at Pittsburgh International Airport.
- HDG received a 2019 Corporate Citizenship Award from the Pittsburgh Business Times for outstanding philanthropic contributions and collaborative relationships with nonprofit, civic, and government organizations. Learn more about how we give back at HDG.
- HDG was ranked #20 on the list of largest architectural firms in 2020 by the Pittsburgh Business Times.
- HDG was featured as one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices in 2018 by the Pittsburgh Business Times.
- BUILD Magazine awarded HDG as Best Full-Service Architectural Firm – Pennsylvania (2016).
- The Eneref Institute Journal recognized HDG for its role in incorporating energy efficient lighting and daylighting into the design of West Allegheny School District’s Wilson Elementary School.