The Community College of Allegheny County’s Main Campus on Pittsburgh’s North Side is one of the College’s original campuses. Located on the campus is Chalfant Hall, which is one of the original mansions on what is known as Millionaire’s Row in the Allegheny West District. The mansion was built around 1900 and is a four-story building that is on the list of Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation’s Historic Landmarks. The building was acquired by CCAC in 1981 and is to be converted into CCAC’s Center for Faculty Innovation to enhance academic culture and support innovations in teaching and career planning.
HDG is working with CCAC to create a design to renovate and reorganize the existing space to provide supporting areas for the Center for Faculty Innovation. The spaces will include instructional classrooms, collaborative/break out spaces, offices, and conference rooms. It will also incorporate labs to support digital learning and testing. All of the new spaces will have the infrastructure to support innovative instructional methods as well as state-of-the-art equipment and technology.
February 27, 2020